Monday, July 11, 2011

Blood pressure 102/52, pulse 123, 32, diabetic, hypothyroid, hypertension.Is my BP & Heart rate a concern?

I have suffered from palpitations and doctors have always said it is caused by anxiety.I take medications for my anxiety as well as for my other illnesses. I have cut down my BP medications to 1/2 the usual by dieting. I am on a low sodium diet, and I drink lots of water, hibiscus tea, and coconut water. Since dieting, I noticed my blood pressure dropping, but my heart rate is still always between 100-145. I am getting concerned because every time I see my doctor he says that I need to calm down, nothing is wrong, and it's just anxiety. I feel he brushes me off. The last time I saw him he said, "It's you again? Now what?", so I told him about my heart beat, and he just said, "It's a manifestation of your anxiety. Calm down, and go home. Nothing is wrong."

No comments:

Post a Comment